An energetic walk ascending Wetherlam along Wetherlam Edge. Return to Tilberthwaite by Hole Rake and an old mining track. Includes a Wainwright summit. Discover why this spectacular landscape deserves to become a World Heritage Site in 2017.There are lots of Guided Walks organised by the National Park Authority. When you visit us why not try one opf the local walks such as Wetherlam and Tilberthwaite Ghyll.
- Starts from: Tilberthwaite Quarry car park, near Coniston at 10:30 am
- Grid reference: NY306010
- Price: Adult £10, child free
- Length: 9.0 Km, 5.5 miles
- Total ascent: 632 m, 2073 ft (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point: 762 m, 2499.36 ft
- Duration: 5.0 hours
- Grade: Hard
- Grade description: A long and energetic walk. Some ascents and descents may be quite steep and on loose rock. A good level of fitness is needed.
Cheapest rate guaranteed if you book with us rather than a 3rd party website.
Three Shires Inn, Little Langdale, Ambleside, English Lake District, Cumbria, LA22 9NZ
+44 (0)15394 37215
F: +44 (0)15394 37127
Our Newsletter Sign-Up
Sign-up to receive occasional emails with special offers and updates from the Three Shires Inn.