When? Monday 25th December
The festive season is fast approaching and each year it seems to come around quicker! Whilst we’re only open for coffee and lunches each day until 27th December (Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day) there is still time to enjoy the Langdales waterfall walk and take a quick pit stop at the Three Shires Inn for lunch!
From the 27th December we’ll be open for evening meals too (bookings are advisable)
If you’re staying with us this festive season then here’s a few events and things to do in the local area.
1. Take a winters cruise on Lake Windermere; there might even be a festive sprinkling of snow on the tops of the mountains
2. Take the children to visit the world of Beatrix Potter in Bowness http://www.hop-skip-jump.com/
3. Take a stroll from the front door along the Langdale Waterfall’s walk and don’t forget your camera! Return to homemade cakes and mulled wine in front of the fires or a pint of local real ale from one of the many local breweries.
4. If you’re staying with us in one of our self catering cottages you have access to the local swimming pool on the Langdale Estate a 5 minute drive away so why not make the most of this! They have a spa too so why not treat yourself to a relaxing massage to rid yourself of aches and pains after a day on the mountains. https://www.langdale.co.uk/leisure-facilities.html
5. If you fancy a more rigourous day out then Grizedale Forest might be the answer! Here you can hire bikes for a day exploring the forest or why not swing through the trees on the Go Ape tree top trail!
Cheapest rate guaranteed if you book with us rather than a 3rd party website.
Three Shires Inn, Little Langdale, Ambleside, English Lake District, Cumbria, LA22 9NZ
+44 (0)15394 37215
F: +44 (0)15394 37127
Our Newsletter Sign-Up
Sign-up to receive occasional emails with special offers and updates from the Three Shires Inn.